Ma'alaea Bay, Wailuku, Maui Hawaii is the perfect area for sun seekers wanting easy access to all parts of the island and an ocean front location. Temperatures range from 75°- 85°F.
Ma'alaea is strategically located between the resorts of South Maui and West Maui. Many of the best whale watching, scuba, sailing and other tours leave right from our harbor. Here you will find several excellent restaurants, a Pacific Whale foundation store, our fascinating Acquarium (the Maui Ocean Center) and much more.
Just 20 minutes from Maui's International Airport in Kahului (OGG) and the funky shops of Old Lahaina Seaport, Maalaea is located in kind of an isthmus between West Maui Mountains & Haleakala Crater. Since the wind naturally travels thru some feel this is a drawback. Others not only enjoy the breeze but are enchanted with the quiet old Hawaii feel of sugar cane, beach, surf and lack of traffic.
- Ma’alaea Bay is located between South Maui and West Maui for easy access to these popular resort areas.
- In Ma’alaea you will enjoy ocean views and breezes. A ribbon of beach fronts most resorts or walk to Kihei on Sugar Beach.
- There are 3 Fantastic Golf Courses nearby (Kahili, Kamehameha & The Dunes a 5-15 min drive from these condos.
- Walk to Shopping, Restaurants, Miniature Golf and our Maui Ocean Center Acquarium
- Easy access to Maalaea Harbor means snorkeling, whale watching and other cruises are right outside your door. No need for long early AM drives.
It is common place here to watch local fisherman surf cast and spear fish - many vacationers have even taken up the sport. For surfers, there are a few good surf breaks close to shore and for the more adventurous, "freight train" the fastest break in the world, is right outside Maalaea Harbor.
View our Maalaea Ocean Front Vacation Rental Condos for your Hawaiian holiday offered for rent by owner. In general, accommodations here are smaller than those in Kihei and Wailea but they are also priced for value. Walk to Fast food, fine restaurants, shopping and the Acquarium, mineature golf and Ma'alaea Harbor!