Located on Maui's West Side between the touristy but historical town of Lahaina and Luxury resort of Kapalua, Ka'anapali is the perfect area for sun seekers wanting to have some night life and miles of sandy beaches. A bit more wind and rain than the South shore, but not enough to interfere with that golf game or jet ski.
If you want to be close enough to the action to walk to it when you want but have quieter beaches and more peaceful surroundings, try the condos north of Black Rock! We have several to choose from below. Views of the islands of Lanai and Molokai predominate. Swim with turtles, take a catamaran or other snorkel cruise to Molokini from the harbor in Lahaina.
To learn more about the condos just north of Kaanapali in Honokowai, Kahana and Napili CLICK HERE
To learn more about the condos a bit farther north in Kapalua CLICK HERE
Condominiums are mostly ocean front here. Because so many are high rises you'll often find condos here a bit smaller and priced more reasonably than the South Shore where high rises are at a minimum and the drier climate means more of a desert scape. Often when the South Shore is sold out, you can still find accommodations on the West side.
- Ka'anapali Beach Resort is located in West Maui and known world wide as one of Hawaii's premier vacation destinations.
- Ka'anapali Beach is often mentioned as one of the best beaches in the world.
- The perfect area for sun seekers wanting to have some night life and miles of sandy beaches. A bit more wind and rain than the South shore.
- On the West Side you will find many great swimming beaches, you can snorkel or swim with turtles too.
- There are 2 Championship Golf Courses, The Royal Ka'anapali and Ka'anapali Kai. Guests staying in Ka'anapali get discounts.
- Multiple major luxury hotels are located in Kaanapali and offer superb dinning experiences.
- The upscale Shops at Whalers Village are walkable from most resorts and offer shopping and restaurants for every price range.
Development of the Kaanapali Beach Resort began in the 1960s, on mile-long Kaʻanapali Beach on the western shore of Maui. It has a total area of 6.3 square miles of which 4.9 is land and 1.3 is water.
Kaanapali is beautiful with lush green mountains and is very close to Lahaina (fun historic tourist town with shopping, restaurants and boat harbor). Ka'anapali Beach is the luxury area here. There are several large hotels with elaborate pools, grounds and lobbies, plus a couple large luxury condos. All of the hotels and condos in the Kaanapali area are within walking distance of each other, restaurants, beach activities, snorkeling, and the Whalers Village shopping center.
Your mailing address when staying in Kaanapali is Lanaina - don't be confused - you are not in the TOWN of Lahaina, that’s just the closest post office. All of the hotels and condos on the west side of Maui have Lahaina mailing addresses, but few are in Lahaina. You do pass through Lahaina to get to other parts of the island, including the airport. Traffic through Lahaina is often very congested, especially at rush hour so plan accordingly. There is now a By-Pass for most of Lahaina but traffic still backs up on either side of it. Planning your time is also important when heading to the airport. An accident on the highway can cause the road to close for up to 3 hours!!!.. I like to head out early - check my bags and then head to Mama's Fish House (Paia) or Hailimaile General Store (Makawawo) for a good by meal - then I'm sure I'll make my flight.